Hmmm… Must be that time of year.
- Mom: Tigger Dog – Husky (Beth’s Dog)
- Dad: Name Unknown (lives in neighbors yard when not visiting here) – Golden Retriever
- Date of Foaling: June 10 (verified)
- Number in Litter : 8 (6 surviving)
- Location: Knee space in Guest Bath cabinet
- Status – Mom’s first litter. Looks like 6 fat healthy piglets at a trough. Three are golden with thin white dorsal stripe, 2 have black/white w brown accents (husky markings), one is jet black w white tummy and tips of toes.
Group #2 (Wanna Kid Photo? YOU crawl under the house)
Mom: J.D. (aka: Jane Doe… was running outta names) – Mixed Hound w some Lab (Official Trail Pup)
Dad: Same Golden Retriever as above. He’s very popular.
Date of Foaling: On or before June 10
Number in Litter: ???
Location: Under the house about 60 ft past crawlspace entry
Status: I know one didn’t make it cause JD brought it out rather than keep a health hazard near others. Brood is safe under the house, potential predators wont enter the yard due to horses and other dogs. JD plans to get her figure back fast, she’s insisted on hitting the trails with me and the horses twice since these guys hit the ground. This is the dog that runs with every trail ride taken outta here despite having lost an eye when she hacked off a horse from a tad too close. She’s seriously tough for such a nice dog.
Group #3 (Note: 3rd pic is the father when he was a puppy)
- Mom: Katherine Lanvers Jones (aka: Kathy… the last name is a fairly recent addition)
- Dad: Mark Jones (aka: Polo… tho the longstanding nick is limited to those currently in my chair)
- Date of Foaling: June 15 (Happy Father’s Day Sgt Jones)
- Number in Litter: Just one, but it’s awful cute.
- Location: Dallas Presbyterian Hospital (not as imaginative as “under the house” but probably more practical).
- Status: Youngster is 8 lbs 4 oz, named Reagan Michelle Jones. Unlike the babies you look at and say “oooh… ahhh” in parents presence… then after you walk away you go “Was that thing human?”… this one really IS pretty. Probably because the parents are, but my story involves strong genes passed on by the paternal grandfather. Currently pink in color, she’s a future Championship Barrel Racer and World Champ in Cowboy Mounted Shooting.
This one is of particular import, as it is my mom’s first great grand-child, my first grand-child. [Is “grand-spawn” a word?] The Mom’s well and will be outta the maternity ward soon. Dad’s thrilled, he’ll be a good father, and tho I generally appreciate whatever tool he gives me for father’s day… this was an interesting departure from the norm.
Congrats Kathy, and Happy Fathers Day Mr Polo. Our prayers are with you.
I’m Rob Jones… and I approve this message.
8 thoughts on “Puppies, More Puppies, and a Grand-Puppy”
ah, so cute! And look at that you’re like a real person to me now. I’m convinced at times all my editing pals are figments of my imagination. Hell, I know laisha is….. ;-)
Ahh c’mon Furbs, you know she isn’t a figment of your imagination.
She’s like Mitch… a perfectly real extra-terrestrial. :-P
Yippee kai-yai-yay!! Congrats gramps! Sure do wish I could come get one of those pups!
Congratulations on being a grandpa!! And born on Fathers Day! How neat is that?
Wow, you even wear that hat in hospital? Or is it to imprint Texanism on the newborn?
Either way, cute photos, although sadly I’m way more interested in the puppy ones. Yeah I know, I’m a lost cause.
Congrats on all the new arrivals though! :-D
Congratulations granddad! Born with the Sun conjunct Venus in Gemini. Well! Any astrologer would tell you that this little one will charm the birds off the trees.
I can’t agree with what you said really….
please ellaberate a bit more for me ;D
Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. :) Cheers! Sandra. R.