Skip to content
Advertisements

Dear Santa… WTF Were You Thinking?

December 27, 2010

Dear Santa,

Next year for Christmas I’d like a cold. Not just any cold, make sure it’s so debilitating I can’t see the family over the holidays. I mean, just cause the kids traveled a few hundred miles in with my granddaughter doesn’t mean I need to see ’em.

While I’m vacillating between thinking I’ll die and fearing I won’t… I’d also like the heat to go out due to failure of an ancient breaker unavailable at any major hardware chain. Try to schedule it on a Saturday night so the stores that might have it will be closed the next day.

I realize this is a tall order, but if you can squeeze in just one more request, maybe you drop the temp outside enough so a water pipe can burst too. Don’t do it while I’m at the house though, let me get a few towns away so it’ll be a surprise when the neighbors call to say they just had to shut off my water main.

Go ahead and set that up for a Sunday. It’s always more fun to call a plumber on a holiday AND a Sunday.

That’s it Santa. I realize you already got me all of those things this year, but I was thinking with a full year notice I might be able to handle ’em a little better.

Love, Rob

BTW… hope you choked on the milk and cookies, you fat maniac.

I'm Rob Jones... and I approve this message.

Advertisements
6 Comments leave one →
  1. December 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Awww, Padre, so sorry to hear this is how your Christmas went! (although the story as told comes off as a bit hilarious…) Hope you’re feeling better. Love you!

2. December 28, 2010 8:27 am

Hey Dr Jones. Them’s the breaks. Thanks for the note, though.

Btw – loved your work in “Temple of Doom”.

3. Anne Post permalink
    January 1, 2011 1:57 pm

Rob, why is it that ANY contact with you leaves me smiling for hours? Love ya buddy!

4. February 1, 2011 8:08 pm

Aw, geez. You really caught it! Happy Effing New Year!

5. February 15, 2011 11:10 am

lol at dear santa on the 27th of december. what a idiot !

Guys honestly why do you even bother reading this blog., just check our problogger.net and enjoy.

6. Jim Sanders permalink
    February 26, 2011 2:57 pm

omg Rob, first time I’ve wondered over here from V7N, and another time you’ve about made me spew a drink all over my laptop. Damn, that’s rough, I hope the guy in the big red suite actually takes his meds before next year. Then again, maybe you’re right, it’s better off just to ask for it and prepare. :)

Have an opinion? Share it with the whole class.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s