Watching NBC’s “Meet the Press”. Per David Gregory, “the big announcement of the week” involved a basketball player announcing he is gay. How bold. How brave.
Huh? Did anything else happen this week?
- — Syria stepped over the red line our president warned them NOT to cross. Obama promptly crossed back to the other side.
- — We have additional people under arrest in the Boston bombing case.
- — The president who used executive privilege to cover up when his administration got caught supplying guns to Mexican criminals just told Mexico he will disarm Americans because our guns keep being supplied to Mexican criminals.
- — DC continues to try to strip away *multiple* rights protected by the bill of rights.
- — The ill-fated “we must pass it so we’ll find out what’s in it” fiasco known as Obamacare was declared a “train wreck” by one of its own authors.
But “the big announcement” is that an NBA player whose career was waning let us know he’d rather see his team mates in the shower than the cheerleaders? Who the heck gives a rats rear?
So I just switched to CBS “Face the Nation”. What are they discussing? Gay basketball player. And then over to ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopolous. Gay basketball player.
Oh look America… a SQUIRREL! Let’s pay attention to that!
Just don’t expect actual news from “the news media”. They aren’t in that business anymore.