Skip to content
Advertisements

The Umbrella: Obama vs Teddy Roosevelt

May 16, 2013

In 1912…
Teddy Roosevelt was about to deliver a speech when a would-be assassin shot him point blank in the chest with a .38 caliber pistol.

but Barack Obama is a Candyass cockwaffle

Teddy Roosevelt spoke for roughly an hour and a half after being shot in the chest

Waiving off his physicians, Roosevelt went on and delivered his speech, with bullet lodged in his chest, and blood seeping into his shirt. He spoke for well over an hour.

THEN he accepted medical attention.

Barack Obama is a candyass cockwaffle

President Barack Obama, mindless of peril, bravely exposes his skin to excess moisture.

Meanwhile, in the world of unicorns and fairy dust…
Today Barack Obama was delivering a speech in the Rose Garden and it began to rain. Bravely exposing himself to the danger that moisture might damage his hair-do, the president ordered an active duty United States Marine to stand in the rain holding an umbrella over him as he spoke.

No. Doesn’t leave me speechless, but I occasionally avoid profanity. Assume I used the word “candy-ass”.

—————————————————-
ADDED – BONUS TRIVIA QUESTION!
How many Marines were holding umbrellas on the president’s orders in the Rose Garden today?

ANSWER: Two more than he had protecting a US Ambassador in a war zone on 9/11/2012.

I'm Rob Jones... and I approve this message.

I’m Rob Jones… and I approve this message.

Advertisements
12 Comments leave one →
  1. May 16, 2013 12:52 pm

And, kudos to the Marine for his restraint.
    We all know exactly where he WANTED to put that umbrella.

2. Lisa permalink
    May 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Obama is no Reagan, that’s for damn sure. Such a fragile little flower.

• Some Other Rob permalink
      May 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Agreed, Reagan could hold his own damn umbrella…. oh wait…. http://content.answcdn.com/main/content/img/getty/6/3/3229563.jpg

• May 18, 2013 7:26 am

Nice, Rob. Sadly, when you’re talking to White Supremacists, it doesn’t register.

• May 18, 2013 8:17 am

Hi Andy Shane – thanks for stumbling in to play the race card where nobody has said anything remotely racial.

This highlights the primary weakness of the president’s kneejerk apologists… the inability to argue any issue without filtering it thru the prism of their own stunted racial stereotypes.

Now, having demonstrated your extremely limited abilities to exercise critical thinking skills… I suggest you toddle off and finish your fucking happy meal while the adults talk. There’s no reason to bring your racism to my blog.

Thanks :)

• Some Other Rob permalink
        May 20, 2013 10:01 am

Not sure where that came from. I wasn’t implying anything other than St Ronnie occasionally let someone hold an umbrella for him too.

3. May 16, 2013 3:29 pm

And your tags are better than the post!

4. Jim Hetherington permalink
    May 16, 2013 4:04 pm

He wanted to put it there and then open it!

5. Wendell Harlow permalink
    May 17, 2013 7:25 am

The discipline we Marines are proud of was definitely on display there. That Marine even had a great poker face. The average man on the street sees no emotion on his face. Having been an active duty Marine, I could read the loathing coming off him in waves. This young warrior and my beloved Corps was dissed, plain and simple. The president should be ashamed, but he won’t be. He has none.

6. Donnye permalink
    May 17, 2013 8:00 am

rain drops keep falling on my head….

7. Pat Kirkhart permalink
    May 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Can someone please tell me what/from where the Red flag, next to the ‘Red, White and Blue’ is? Forgive my ignorance…

• May 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Pat – The incident occurred during a joint press appearance in the WH Rose Garden with the Turkish Prime Minister, so that’s the flag of Turkey next to ours. In a wider frame of the photo the Turkish PM is standing at a podium to the president’s right.

Have an opinion? Share it with the whole class.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s